Suppers are probably the hardest low carb meals to cook. Especially when you have family members who are NOT low carb. Like my teenagers. And my husband.
The easiest recipes are the ones that can be adapted for everyone. This is one of those…and it’s a lazy recipe, too.
This is what you need:
I just now got the irony of having a bread box in the background of a low carb recipe.
I like to top mine with cheddar cheese, pico de gallo (1 gram per serving) and some black olives (1 gram).
To make this NON low carb, my teens like to crush up corn chips or tortilla chips in it! YUM!
Without the chips and garnishes, it comes out to 5 GRAMS per serving.
- 2 pounds raw chicken breasts
- 12 oz Stubbs Green Chile Anytime Sauce
- 10 oz Rotel Original tomatoes and green chiles
- For Garnish:
- Cheddar cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Sliced ripe olives
- Sour cream
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick spray or use slow cooker liner.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add bottle of green chile sauce and diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- Turn slow cooker to low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- When chicken is done, shred chicken with two forks.
- Place chicken in bowls and top with desired toppings.