Do you want to start a low carb diet, but just don’t know how to?
I certainly have experience with a low carb diet, but I have fallen off the wagon BIG TIME. And I feel it. I just don’t feel as good when I am eating a bunch of junk.
Sometimes life makes it difficult to stick to a plan, but I know from experience that the only way I am going to be successful is with planning and preparation.
So where do you start?
- Take inventory of what you have, and eliminate what you won’t be using: The first thing I do when I start menu planning is to go through my freezer, fridge and pantry. I take an inventory of what I have on hand, and I get rid of my biggest temptations in the house!
- Make a list of meals and a grocery list: Grocery Shopping on a Keto Diet
- Prep lots of “legal” foods: How to Prep For a Keto Diet
- Plan for easy, quick meals: Menu Planning on a Keto Diet
- Stock up on snacks: What’s In My Keto Cooler?
- Make sure you have a plan for if you have to eat out: Eating Out on a Keto Diet
- Make yourself your own set of rules, and a plan of attack to make sure you stick to them.
Here are my Diet Rules:
I HAVE MADE MYSELF A PLAN!
- I have scheduled in workouts on my calendar
- I cleaned out my gym bag
- I am laying out my workout clothes at night
- I have planned our healthy weekly meals
- I bought healthy, low carb food
- I made sure I had KetoStix
- I charged my FitBit Alta for the week.
- I am going to track my meals in My Fitness Pal.
- My water jug is filled up every night
- I made an Instagram Photo-A-Day Challenge for this month:
Here are posts in my Keto Basics category:
- What is a Keto Diet?
- What Can I Eat on a Keto Diet?
- Menu Planning on a Keto Diet
- Grocery Shopping on a Keto Diet
- How to Prep for a Keto Diet
- Eating Out on a Keto Diet
- 6 Must Haves on a Keto Diet
- What’s In My Keto Cooler?
- Do I Need Supplements on a Keto Diet?
- What Alcohol Can I Drink on a Keto Diet?
…you can connect with me on My Fitness Pal to see my food diaries:
If you would like your own FREE copies of the forms I made to use, just sign up for my Keto Kary weekly newsletter, and I will send you a copy of my Keto Kary Diet Plan eBook, with free printables included!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and FREE Keto Kary Diet Plan eBook!