One of the hardest things about eating low carb is learning how and where to eat out. Some places have menus that are easier to maneuver than others.
Zaxby’s is pretty simple. There are basically three ways you can go. You can get a salad, wings, or a sandwich without the bun…you can even put some sides together to make a meal.
Here are some of your best choices:
- The House with grilled chicken (no dressing, no toast, no fried onions) = 9 carbs
- The Caesar with grilled chicken (no dressing, no toast, no croutons) = 10 carbs (you can lose 4 more grams by getting rid of the Parmesan cheese!)
- The Blue with blackened chicken (no dressing, no toast, no fried onions)= 9 carbs (you can lose 2 more grams by getting rid of the bleu cheese)
- The Cobb with grilled chicken (no dressing, no toast, no fried onions) = 10 carbs
- The Ranchero with barbacoa (no dressing, no black beans and corn, no tortillas) =7 grams
- The Chicken Salad (no toast) = 10 grams
- Ranch = 2 grams
- Caesar = 2 grams
- Blue cheese = 2 grams
- Picante ranch = 4 grams
- Cajun Club (no bun) = 6 grams
- Grilled chicken (no bun, no sauce) = 2 grams
- Traditional wings (no sauce) = 0 grams
SAUCES (1 OUNCE)
- Tongue torch = 6 grams
- Nuclear = 6 grams
- Insane = 6 grams
- Wimpy = 7 grams
- 4 chicken fingers = 10 grams
- Side chicken salad = 3 grams
- 6 celery sticks = 1 gram
- Side salad = 4 grams
- Caesar side salad (no croutons) = 6 grams
So what do I order at Zaxby’s?
I get really sick of eating sandwiches with no bun.
My two favorites are naked traditional wings with tongue torch sauce on the side to dip (6 grams of carbs)…
Or I order a blackened blue zalad, no bleu cheese crumbles, no toast, no fried onions.
The problem is dressing. Most of their dressings are pretty high in carbs, at least the ones I like. A lot of the time I order my salads to take home, and use a vinaigrette there. If I have to, I use their ranch.
What do you order at Zaxby’s?